My new Kindle

I love books. I love the feel of books, the smell of books, the heft of books, the look of books - their perfect symmetry.

I am, as the phrase goes, an "avid reader." I've always got at least one book going and several waiting on my "to be read" shelf, so I consume a lot of books in a year's time.

I am a fairly eclectric reader, although my favorite genre is mysteries, and specifically, historical mysteries, but I read a lot of other stuff as well, both fiction and nonfiction.

My devotion to the printed page has been unwavering and I've never even considered getting an ebook reader. Until earlier this year. I got a Kindle for my husband, the technogeek, for his birthday, and after watching him use it and seeing his enthusiasm for it, I decided that maybe I should try it, even though I'm decidedly NOT a technogeek.

I did try it and I was hooked.

So, Santa, that jolly old elf, knowing that I had been seduced by the Kindle, stuffed my Christmas stocking with one this year. Yes, now I have a Kindle of my very own and I find that I love the feel of it, the look of it - its perfect symmetry. I love the heft of it - it feels just right in my hands. I even love - well, like - the plastic smell of it.

Most of all, I love its ease of use and its handy dictionary. Frankly, I can't think of a single thing I would do to improve it.

Best of all, just think of all those trees that won't have to be cut to make paper for all the books I will now be reading on the Kindle. Sweet!

Comments

  1. I'm glad you like it! Now we ALL have our own Kindle - except for Wade - but he's one of those crazy one-or-two-books-a-year kind of people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm in the middle of reading my first book on it, "U is for Undertow."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Sunday: Don't Hesitate by Mary Oliver

Poetry Sunday: Hymn for the Hurting by Amanda Gorman

Open Season (Joe Pickett #1) by C.J. Box - A review