Did you know...

Did you know...

...that the Health Care Reform proposal will force people to give up their current health insurance and sign on to government insurance which will cost more than $400 per month per person? Plus, everybody will have to pay a high tax in addition to that?

...that Barack Obama is going to put a tax of $50 per gun on all guns in the country? If you don't pay it, your guns will be confiscated and you will go to jail.

...that for the last 20 years or so George W. Bush has been carrying on an illicit affair with Condaleeza Rice?

...that the Obamas regularly host heavy drinking parties at the White House where everyone gets totally soused?

...that if Health Care Reform passes, we will all have to pay MUCH, MUCH higher taxes and health care will be rationed?

I know all of these things are true because I heard them all from impeccable sources at my hairdresser's shop today. If I didn't occasionally get my hair done, I'd never know what was going on in the world.

Oh, and did you know that Richard Reid, the shoe bomber, is an American citizen and that is why the Bush Administration gave him his Miranda rights and tried him in a civilian court? I heard that from that estimable truth-teller Newt Gingrich on last night's Daily Show.

Of course, anyone with half a brain will immediately recognize that all of these "facts" are lies. (Well, I don't know about that Bush/Rice thing. She did once slip up and call him her "husband," didn't she? Even so, I'm willing to believe that that is a lie, also.) But, apparently there are a bunch of people running around out there with less than half a brain, because they will believe any outrageous thing and pass it on as the truth! And sooner or later, I'll hear about it from my hairdresser.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Sunday: Don't Hesitate by Mary Oliver

Poetry Sunday: Hymn for the Hurting by Amanda Gorman

Open Season (Joe Pickett #1) by C.J. Box - A review