Festivus for the rest of us and all those other holidays

I doesn't seem much like Christmas. Winter Solstice has come and gone and still we've had no frost. Our high temperature today is predicted to be 80 degrees F. but will probably go higher. The high for Christmas Day is projected to be 82. Santa is going to be very uncomfortable in that red wool suit with the fur trim. He might want to wear a Speedo instead.

Whether or not the weather seems appropriate, however, the winter holidays relentlessly continue their march through our calendar. Today, Festivus; tomorrrow, Christmas Eve; then Christmas, Boxing Day, Kwanzaa, New Year's Eve and Day...

Blogging will be sporadic for the next several days as I celebrate with my family. Whatever holidays you celebrate at this time of year, my wish for you is that they be filled with peace and joy. As for my house, just now it looks a little like this:



Comments

  1. Adorable! Can't go wrong with kittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Holidays, Dorothy, for you and your family. Many blessings in the year to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And the same to you, Carmen. I hope the new year holds nothing but good things for you and your family.

      Delete
  3. Well, we are having the cold weather in So Cal. Even rain, which we sorely need. I was just looking at the winter night sky and the waxing moon. Happy Holidays and I am glad to have made your acquaintance this year in the blogoverse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Judy. And I've very much enjoyed meeting you. Your wonderful reviews have introduced me to several books that I might otherwise have missed. I hope your holidays are filled with joy and that 2016 is a terrific year for you and your family.

      Delete
  4. Happy Christmas Dorothy. Not too much kitty related destruction I hope!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, they've been very good so far. Santa may visit them after all. And a happy Christmas and New Year to you.

      Delete
  5. Merry Christmas Dorothy. I hope you're having a lovely day. It doesn't seem much like Christmas here does it? Warm, humid... green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayne. We did have a great day in spite of the unseasonable weather. I hear it's supposed to be cold next week but I'll believe when I feel it!

      Delete
  6. Awww... I love the kitty video! There is some flooding in Alabama today and was 77 degrees yesterday. Merry Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all have had a spell of bad weather these last couple of days. Maybe relief is on the way with some cooler temperatures.

      Delete
  7. How sweet! Made me think of my best friend, a cat rescuer. Happy New Year; may the weather be kind to us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessings on your friend. Cats need all the help they can get. And a very happy New Year to you, Alana.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Sunday: Don't Hesitate by Mary Oliver

Poetry Sunday: Hymn for the Hurting by Amanda Gorman

Open Season (Joe Pickett #1) by C.J. Box - A review