Poetry Sunday: A Red, Red Rose

That Robbie Burns; he could write a love poem.
 A Red, Red Rose
  by Robert Burns
O my Luve is like a red, red rose 
   That’s newly sprung in June; 
O my Luve is like the melody 
   That’s sweetly played in tune.
 
So fair art thou, my bonnie lass, 
   So deep in luve am I; 
And I will luve thee still, my dear, 
   Till a’ the seas gang dry.
 
Till a’ the seas gang dry, my dear, 
   And the rocks melt wi’ the sun; 
I will love thee still, my dear, 
   While the sands o’ life shall run.
 
And fare thee weel, my only luve! 
   And fare thee weel awhile! 
And I will come again, my luve, 
   Though it were ten thousand mile.
A red, red rose newly sprung in June. 

Comments

  1. Very fitting the poem and the image. Lovely poem! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Appreciate you sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some days I feel more like all the seas ran dry than I do like a red, red rose. Perhaps I should write a love poem for aging lovers. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should balance things out by featuring a poem for aging lovers next Sunday!

      Delete
  4. Our roses are starting to bloom here in upstate New York. You gave me an idea. And yes, it would be nice to have a poem for aging lovers. I'm chuckling - alas, I can identify with dry seas, too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Sunday: Don't Hesitate by Mary Oliver

Poetry Sunday: Hymn for the Hurting by Amanda Gorman

Open Season (Joe Pickett #1) by C.J. Box - A review