I voted!


Early voting started in Texas last Monday and every day so far has been a record-breaker. People are turning out in yuuuuge numbers to vote! Amazing.

We waited until today to go cast our votes, thinking the crowds might have thinned out. They hadn't. We still had to wait in line for a bit, but it wasn't too long. And it was a really good feeling to see all of those people engaged in the governance of the country and the state, making the effort to turn out and vote. It was a crowd I was happy to be a part of.

What do these record numbers of people casting ballots mean? Well, we'll find out on November 8, but at least it is very promising, I think, that so many people are choosing to make their choices known. I found it interesting, also, that the early voters on the first couple of days of voting were 54% women. I haven't seen the stats since then, but if that trend continues, it could be significant.

Does your state have early voting? Have you voted yet? If not, why not? Exercise your constitutional right. And if you don't choose to, then you don't get to complain about the result for the next four years!

   

Comments

  1. Important message

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I trust that all my readers will heed it!

      Delete
  2. I think those record numbers will extend to the big day no matter who gets elected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel better already, knowing you have voted:-)
    CA does not have early voting. I don't know why. We are almost as big as Texas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine that! Texas with a more progressive policy than California! Early voting is a good thing. I think all states should adopt it.

      Delete
  4. New York does not have early voting. Otherwise, I would have been out there voting already. Thank you for the eyewitness report!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was glad to be an eyewitness. It's been quite a remarkable turnout so far.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Sunday: Don't Hesitate by Mary Oliver

Poetry Sunday: Hymn for the Hurting by Amanda Gorman

Open Season (Joe Pickett #1) by C.J. Box - A review