Wordless Wednesday: The first dahlia of summer



Comments

  1. Replies
    1. It's one of those nice surprises the garden sometimes offers. I planted these dahlia tubers last year and didn't dig them at the end of the season. Usually, they don't survive to come back the next year, but these did and now they brighten my day.

      Delete
  2. That is an especially beautiful one. Now that my sister has me out of her hair, I imagine she is getting her tubers out of the basement and planting them again. How fortunate that this one wintered over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was completely surprised to see those plants coming up, especially since we had one of our colder winters of recent years. Sometimes there is just no accounting for Nature!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Sunday: Don't Hesitate by Mary Oliver

Poetry Sunday: Hymn for the Hurting by Amanda Gorman

Open Season (Joe Pickett #1) by C.J. Box - A review