Putting the grass in Neil deGrasse Tyson

Are you a fan of Cosmos, the currently running television remake of the old Carl Sagan series about the wonders of the universe? I admit that I look forward to each of the Sunday night episodes, which I actually watch on Monday because my viewing schedule on Sunday night is over-crowded.

I am very interested in the subject matter, but one of the main attractions of the series for me is its host, Neil deGrasse Tyson, who does such an excellent job of narrating and of making the complicated material understandable for an average viewer like myself.

Not everyone is a fan, of course. Tyson and his series have thoroughly freaked out the creationists whose basic approach to history and to science is that if it isn't covered in the Bible then it never happened and it can't be true. They have twisted themselves into pretzels trying to disprove the science that is covered in the series. They've even gone so far as to demand equal time to present creationist views.

The creationists are no doubt happy to know that Cosmos is winding down now. Only a few episodes remain. I will be sad to see the end of it.

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then the parody must be the ultimate in imitation. This show has spawned many parodies, all of which you can probably see on YouTube, but I particularly like this one. Entitled "Cosmos on Weed," it really puts the "grass" in Neil deGrasse Tyson.


Comments

  1. That was pretty funny! Mom4max

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad someone agrees with me! It made me laugh out loud.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Poetry Sunday: Don't Hesitate by Mary Oliver

Poetry Sunday: Hymn for the Hurting by Amanda Gorman

Open Season (Joe Pickett #1) by C.J. Box - A review